Sentinel EMS is successfully installed in the Web server, but I cannot login through a browser.
The reason may be one of the following:
- Check if the database properties are set properly. For more details on the configuration options, see Updating Database Connection Details.
- Check if SSL is configured properly.
How can I configure the JVM memory if users get errors due to insufficient memory.
Users may get many types of error messages in Sentinel EMS when JVM runs out of memory. For example:
- RTE installer generated on Windows XP machines is of 0 bytes.
- Exe for Bundle Provisional Product is not generated through the Produce button.
For more details and assistance with solving these issues, see Configuring JVM Memory.
During EMS installation, when I try to change the Host Configuration to SSL (HTTPS), a security warning appears. What is the significance of this warning and does the user need to perform any action?
Some Internet browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome have restricted Java invocation. To provide a seamless experience to end users, Sentinel EMS interacts with another LDK module which does not run on the HTTPS server. This results in a security warning being displayed to users each time they try to activate a license using the Customer Portal (or Activation Portal). To overcome this, users need to click the icon on the web browser to confirm that they are willing to run an unsafe script. On confirming this security exception, the system allows them to continue activating the license. No other action is needed from the user.
Unlike HTTP, the SSL option(HTTPS) has the following advantages:
- Secure transmission of information over the internet.
- Use of SSL Certificates to encrypt information exchanged between a website and its visitors.
- Providing data integrity and authentication by enforcing access control.
- Preventing third-party software from tracking user activity on the website.
Sentinel EMS stops working when Java is upgraded automatically. How can we now restart EMS?
For Sentinel EMS to work properly with an upgraded Java, you need to ensure that the environment variable JRE_HOME is pointing to the correct Java RTE. If you are running a 32-bit setup (Windows OS and Tomcat server), the environment variable must point to a 32-bit JRE. On the contrary, if you are running a 64-bit setup(Windows OS and Tomcat server), the environment variable must point to a 64-bit JRE.
Customer is using Microsoft Office 365 and has changed the SMTP password in Microsoft Outlook. Following this, entitlement-related emails are not getting delivered. How can this be corrected?
To start receiving entitlement-related emails once again:
- Stop Sentinel EMS.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Gemalto Sentinel\Sentinel EMS\EMSServer\work\Catalina\localhost\
- Delete the Tomcat folder/cache at this location.
- Start Sentinel EMS.
When I click the Sync Data For Channel Partner Module button, a message is displayed. What does this mean and what are installer logs?
For customers who have purchased the Channel Partner Module license and plan to upgrade to Sentinel LDK 7.8, a single customer can be linked only with a single channel partner to create an entitlement. In the past, there may have been some cases where the same customer was linked to multiple channel partners. Therefore, it has been decided that only a single entitlement will be allowed and preference will be given to 'Draft' state entitlements.
To implement this, a database script has been created to identify all entitlements where a customer and channel partner are available. When this script is triggered, it automatically creates customer-channel linkage using historical entitlement data. Products used in these entitlements are also linked with their respective channel partners.
This script is triggered in the following scenarios:
- During the Upgrade installation of Sentinel LDK 7.8: Regardless of the availability of Channel Partner Module license in the key, customer-channel linkage is created for entitlements.
The installer logs are updated to reflect entitlements where customer-channel linkage could not be created (because the customer is already linked to another channel). For such entitlements, the ISV has to manually disassociate the customer from the entitlement ('Draft' and 'Queued' state only) and ask the channel partner to create a new customer using a different email address.
Installer logs are located at <OS Driver Letter>:\EMS_Log\emsInstaller.log
- Sync Data For Channel Partner Module: When this button is clicked, scanning of the database is triggered and customer-channel linkage is created for entitlements.
Admin Console logs are updated to reflect customer-channel links that could not be created because the customer was already linked with another channel partner. For such entitlements, the ISV has to manually disassociate the customer from the entitlement ('Draft' and 'Queued' state only) and ask the channel partner to create a new customer using a different email address.
When the Sync Data For Channel Partner Module button is clicked, a message is displayed on the page. The first part of this message confirms that customer-channel linkage is successfully established for some entitlements. The second part informs that Admin Console logs are updated to reflect entitlements where customer-channel linkage could not be established; because the customer was already linked to another channel partner.
Admin Console logs are located at: %EMS_HOME%\EMSServer\webapps\ems\log\emsConfig.log